Free bus transportation services are provided by your child’s School District of Residence based on the address on file with our school that matches your most recent Proof of Residency documentation. Per district policies, eligibility for transportation services may be limited to a specific radius surrounding the location of the school.
Scroll down to read specific information from your District of Residence. If your District of Residence is different than what is listed below, please contact the ACCEL Schools Transportation Department to inquire if your student is eligible to receive another form of transportation service:
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: (216) 583-5230 and press 4 to speak with a Transportation Coordinator
CLEVELAND MUNICIPAL SCHOOL DISTRICT (CMSD)
If your child resides within the Cleveland Municipal School District (CMSD), transportation eligibility is based on the distance from your child’s home residence to the school.
- K-6 Grade students must live 1-5 miles from campus to receive yellow bus service.
- 7-12 Grade students with sibling riders in K-6 Grades can apply for transportation. Applications are reviewed by CMSD on a case-by-case basis in the order they are received. The main factor that determines eligibility is bus capacity. Until students receive their yellow bus stop information, they will receive an RTA Identification Swipe Card. Once the student is routed to a yellow bus, the RTA Card will become inactive.
- 7-12 Grade students without younger sibling riders OR who are not granted yellow bus service must live 1 mile or more from campus to receive RTA Identification Swipe Cards.
- K-12 Grade students who live less than 1 mile from campus are considered as residing within the walk zone and are not eligible to receive CMSD transportation services.
- K-12 Grade students with a home residence calculated by CMSD as 30+ minutes from campus are ineligible for yellow bus service and payment options (such as RTA).
How to Apply for CMSD Yellow Bus & RTA Reimbursement Services:
- Register or re-enroll your student with the school office. At time of registration, complete a Request for Transportation form (RFT). The address on the form must match the address on file with the school and be verified by a Proof of Residence (POR) document.
- The school office will submit your request to Community Bus Services, CMSD’s vendor, for processing. For yellow bus service, Community Bus will verify residence before routing the student, and the student will receive a letter to the home address indicating the service start date. For RTA Payment Service, CMSD will verify residence and then print the RTA Identification Swipe Card. The card will be delivered to the campus and the school office will distribute to the student.
For bus routes and other information from CMSD, contact the Community Bus Services, CMSD’s vendor, at (440) 337-4376
For general information from your district of residence regarding transportation, visit the CMSD Transportation Department website.
Warrensville Heights City School District
If your child resides within the Warrensville Heights City School District, transportation eligibility is based on the distance from your child’s home residence to the school.
- K-8 Grade students must live 2 or more miles from campus to be eligible some form of transportation service. Transportation services may be in the form of Yellow Bus, RTA passes, or Payment in Lieu of Transportation.
How to Apply for Warrensville Heights City Schools District Transportation Services:
- Warrensville Heights City Schools Transportation Department is responsible for transporting students. To apply, contact the school office manager to complete a Warrensville Transportation Application and submit three proof of residency documents to Warrensville Transportation Department.
- Warrensville Heights City Schools will verify residence before routing the student, and the student will receive a letter to the home address with routing information and start date.
- Review the Warrensville Heights City Schools District Request for Transportation Policy.
For bus routes and other information from Warrensville Heights District, contact the Warrensville Heights Transportation Department:
- Call: (216) 336-6586 or (216) 295-7851
For general information from your district of residence regarding transportation, visit the Warrensville Heights Transportation Department website.